Thursday, February 16, 2023
- Kathryn Arms—MAMFT President
Ethics Workshop 8:00am-12:00pm
- Ethical Considerations for MFT Telehealth Work
Lindsey E. Marsh, LMFT-S, LPC
- The Ethical Practice of Marriage and Family Therapy: Managing Risk While Developing Safety for Clients
Benjamin Wood, MS, LMFT, CSAT
Boxed Lunch 12:00-1:00pm
Concurrent Workshops 1:15-3:15pm
- 101—Suffering in Silence: Why Military Members Don’t Trust the Therapeutic Process
Kasey Scharnett King, LMFT
- 102—Don’t Pick Up the Rope: Navigating Personality Disorders in Practice
Lacey Herrington, Ph.D.
- 103—Supervision Workshop**
**Please note this workshop is for approved supervisors only.
15 Minute Break
Concurrent Workshops 3:30-5:30pm
- 201—DBT: The Basics and Use with Substance Use Disorders
Robert "Bobby" Scott, M.A., LMFT, ICAADC
- 202—The Self-Reflective Financial Therapist: Working with Couples and Working on Self
Chelsey Holden, Ph.D., LMFT, LPC, BC-TMH, NCC
Michelle Jeanfreau, Ph.D., LMFT
Friday, February 17, 2023
Keynote Workshop I 8:30-11:30am
- Attachment Based Treatment of Shame & Addiction in Couples Therapy
Jim Thomas, LMFT
MAMFT Annual Business Meeting & Awards Luncheon 11:30am-1:00pm
Keynote Workshop II 1:15-4:15pm
- Towards an Emotionally Engaged and Generous Use of Therapist Self in Therapy
Jim Thomas, LMFT
By attending the MAMFT Conference every year, LMFTs can obtain all the CE hours necessary for license renewal! The Mississippi Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (MAMFT) has been approved by the Mississippi Board of Examiners for Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists (MSBOE) and the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider. The 2023 conference will offer 14 CE hours.
Special instructions for those renewing in 2023 and beyond:The MSBOE has announced that the definition for face-to-face continuing education now includes live webinars, such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams. This means that if you choose to attend the conference virtually you will be able to count those hours as regular face-to-face hours for renewal.